Sprinkling vinegar on greens may augment their ability to improve endothelial function.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
This is the second video in my vinegar series. If you missed the previous one, it’s here: Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help with Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-apple-cider-vinegar-help-with-weight-loss)
Still to come are:
• Can Vinegar Help with Blood Sugar Control? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-vinegar-help-with-blood-sugar-control)
• Optimal Vinegar Dose (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/optimal-vinegar-dose)
• Vinegar Mechanisms and Side Effects (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vinegar-mechanisms-and-side-effects)
We are only as healthy as our arteries. For more videos on things that may help or hurt, see:
• Low Carb Diets and Coronary Blood Flow (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow/)
• Eggs and Arterial Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/)
• Walnuts and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/walnuts-and-artery-function/)
• Dark Chocolate and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dark-chocolate-and-artery-function/)
• Coffee and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/coffee-and-artery-function/)
• Why Was Heart Disease Rare in the Mediterranean? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-was-heart-disease-rare-in-the-mediterranean/)
• Fatty Meals May Impair Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fatty-meals-may-impair-artery-function)
• Olive Oil and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/olive-oil-and-artery-function)
• Mediterranean Diet and Atherosclerosis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/mediterranean-diet-and-atherosclerosis)
• Plant-Based Diets and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-and-artery-function)
Note that there is a level of sugar intake that can adversely impact artery function (as detailed in my next video—stay tuned!).
Surprised about the alcohol data? For more on wine, see:
• What Explains the French Paradox? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-explains-the-french-paradox/)
• Breast Cancer and Alcohol: How Much is Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-and-alcohol-what-much-is-safe/)
• Breast Cancer Risk: Red Wine vs. White Wine (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-risk-red-wine-vs-white-wine/)
• Resveratrol Impairs Exercise Benefits (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/resveratrol-impairs-exercise-benefits)
Has anyone been able to find forbidden rice vinegar? Let me know—I’d love to try it! Here’s a recent video on how pigmented rice may beat our brown: Brown, Black, Purple and Red Unlike White on Rice (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/brown-lack-purple-and-red-unlike-white-on-rice).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vinegar-artery-function and he'll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate